Christ College, Cuttack - Home Page
The college was founded in 1944 by the Cuttack Christian Education Board (CCEB) in the name of Utkal Christian College and was affiliated to the Utkal University as an Intermediate College in Arts. In the academic session 1946-47, it was raised to the status of a Degree College in Arts with honours teaching facilities in English and Oriya. In 1949 the name of the college was changed to Christ College after the name of Jesus Christ, whose universal love and sacrifice have engendered an ennobling influence all over the world. Initially located in the Christ Collegiate School building, the college was moved to its present premises in 1951, and was based on the land purchased by the CCEB.